Transfer of Students Not Enrolled at RIVEROAK Technical College
Transfer of Students from Within RIVEROAK Technical College
High School Admissions/Career Dual Enrollment
High School Students Must:
1. Consult with a high school counselor regarding enrolling at RTC and obtain approval.
2. Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher and completed application.
Adult Career Admission Check List
1. Complete an application/schedule form in the Student Services office.
2. Complete Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) assessment test (if applicable and within first six weeks) or Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST).
3. Schedule a conference with student services to discuss test results and class schedule.
4. Documentation of Florida Residency for in state tuition.
5. Pay application fees.
6. Apply for FAFSA. Financial aid students must complete all paperwork before entry into a program.
7. Obtain class schedule from student services.
High school diplomas issued by any public funded state or government agency will be accepted for admission. High school diplomas issued by private schools must be accredited and recognized by the Florida Department of Independent Schools and Colleges. High school graduates that do not meet this criteria must pass the GED® test.
A.S. degrees or higher have to be issued by a public institution or accredited private institution. A.S. or higher degrees may be presented in lieu of TABE test requirements.
Students who enroll in a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program offered for career credit of 450 hours or more must complete an entry-level examination (TABE) within the first six weeks after admission into the program.
Students are TABE exempted if:
• entered 9th grade in a Florida public school in the 2003-2004 school year, or any year thereafter, and earned a Florida standard high school diploma
• earned a 150 on Mathematics and 150 on the RLA section of the 2014 GED® version (within the past 2 years)
• is serving as an active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Services
• SAT Score Verbal - 440 and Math - 440
• ACT Score Reading - 19, English - 17, Math - 19
• PERT Score Reading - 106, Writing 103, Math 114